Search squid archive

Squid with ICAP filter?

We have a situation where we need to filter compressed HTTP traffic through an ICAP service, logging failures (4xx) or passing the original compressed payload to it's target destination on 2xx.

Something like this:
  • Incoming compressed HTTP
  • Decompress and forward to ICAP service
  • Log and discard if ICAP service returns 4xx
  • Send original, compressed payload to destination if ICAP returns 2xx
Is that an appropriate use for Squid? If so what sort of configuration commands would we use? We're not certain where to begin.

Thanks in advance.