Search squid archive

Re: issue with start / stop scripts

A check on what?
Basically to verify if squid is still running you need to verify that there are is not one squid instance running.
The PID is kind of a hack to make sure squid is still there or not.
In most cases you can cancel the timeout and check only for the PID.
Also notice that there is a "rm -rf" there which was inherited from an old script that I got as a "gift" since my own script got lost in a server migration.

You can run three checks in parallel:
- the pid exists or not
- the process exists or not(using "ps aux|grep squid")
- check if the port in netstat is still in listening mode.

Hope it helps,
Eliezer