Search squid archive

Re: Hypothetically comparing SATA\SAS to NAS\SAN for squid.

On 02/03/2015 12:56 PM, Omid Kosari wrote:
Squidbox1: Average HTTP requests per minute since start:	16000
Squidbox2: Average HTTP requests per minute since start:	11000

16000 request/min = 266 requests/sec.
With a well-tuned Squid system I estimate that the disk I/O is less than 2000 IOPS
and the current SSDs should be able to cope with that.  So speed should not be an issue.

Why do you want to extend? Is it only to extend the disk cache capacity?

What is are specs of the current SSDs ?
It is worthwile to replace them with new SSDs with higher performance/capacity ?

About 300Mbit of bandwidth (Only http bandwidth which routed to squid boxes)

Right now squid boxes have 4 250GB SSD and there is no more free sata slots
on them . I want to use SAN/NAS to extend their capacity .

No i don't have free NAS/SAN but somebody has a 2bay model of following
model and suggest me half price
http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/support-content/external-products/blackarmor-nas/_shared/docs/business-nas-guides/Seagate_NAS_Admin_Guide_EN.pdf

The PDF points to a Windows-only based NAS !

and found a review. i am not sure it is for same model
http://www.storagereview.com/seagate_business_storage_windows_server_4bay_nas_review

Is it useful for my purpose ? Or please provide general specs that i should
be aware before buy .

Marcus