Search squid archive

Re: Hypothetically comparing SATA\SAS to NAS\SAN for squid.

Hey Omid,

I do not have benchmarks.

I was actually in the past looking at GlusterFS and NFS for couple purposes.
The Gigabit and 10Gb have their difference.
The main big thing is that a simple SATA\SAS jack\connector\port supports up to 6Gb and in most cases the machine will not utilize even 1Gb per port\disk.

If you do ask me about a comparison about ISCSI vs nfs vs glusterfs I would grade NFS as the best for lots of files while glusterfs is better for big files. An ISCSI partition benefits are VFS in memory objects which eventually reduce access time compared to glusterfs and NFS.

I have tested glusterfs as a backend for a hypervisor and a local SSD drive was faster.

Do you have anything you think about Omid? if you have a scenario in hand I would like hear about it.

Eliezer