From: Amos Jeffries [mailto:squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:28 PM
To: squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Quick question

On 6/08/2014 11:52 a.m., Lawrence Pingree wrote:
> Anyone?

That depends on the OS filesystem underlying the cache, and the size of
objects in it.

The L1/L2 settings matter on FS which have a per-directory limit on inode
entries, or need to scan the full list on each file open/stat event (I think
that was FAT32, NTFS, maybe ext2, maybe old unix FS). On FS which do not do
those two things they are just an admin convenience.

Amos