Search squid archive

Re: Quick question

On 6/08/2014 11:52 a.m., Lawrence Pingree wrote:
> Anyone?

That depends on the OS filesystem underlying the cache, and the size of
objects in it.

The L1/L2 settings matter on FS which have a per-directory limit on
inode entries, or need to scan the full list on each file open/stat
event (I think that was FAT32, NTFS, maybe ext2, maybe old unix FS). On
FS which do not do those two things they are just an admin convenience.

Amos