Search squid archive

Squid auth_param children not closing

I have this authentication script on my setup:

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/python /etc/auth.py
auth_param basic children 5 startup=5 idle=1
auth_param basic realm Please login
auth_param basic credentialsttl 1 hours

Quite frequently I check with a cron for changes in my user's data
(passwords etc) and I issue a squid3 -k reconfigure whenever I detect
a change. The problem is that each time I issue this command squid
spanws 5 new authentication listeners (/usr/bin/python /etc/auth.py)
and it quickly adds up to thousands given the amount of activity we
have on our servers.

Any ideas on how I can do this better?