Search squid archive

Re: squid 3.3.11 on SLES11 SP3 and couldn't squid -k reconfigure ?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Josef Karliak <karliak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Good morning,
>   I've squid 3.3.11.xx on SLES11 SP3, all OK, but I often used "squid -k
> reconfigure" after changing some configuration (adding forbiden domains or
> so). But there is some problem - the command mentioned above tell me some
> errors:
> proxy:/etc/squid # squid -k reconfigure
> squid: ERROR: No running copy
>
>   But proxy is running, we browse on the internet. What went wrong ?
>   Thanks for kicking to the right way and best regards
>   J.Karliak.

squid -k reconfigure needs to obtain the process-id of the running
copy, it gets that from the pid-file (I think the config option is
pid_filename).
So either the running squid can't write the pid file, or the file
can't be read by the "-k reconfigure" command; this can be due to
filesystem permissions, or something else deleting the pid-file in the
meantime.

--
    /kinkie