Search squid archive

Re: Immediate "This page can't be displayed" on HTTPS requests (UNCLASSIFIED)

We are running Squid 2.7 on a Windows Server 2003 machine. With a few
different HTTPS URL's we are getting an instantaneous "This page can't be
displayed" in Internet Explorer, doesn't matter what version of IE. In
Mozilla Firefox we get "the connection has timed out" . Doesn't even think
about it.
I currently observe a similar problem in Firefox and sometimes also in IE WITHOUT using a proxy: for some sites, e.g. Google, I sometimes get "the request is redirected in a way that it can never be terminated" (translation from german). Then again, things work as expected. So, two questions: a) is that the same problem you are seeing? and b) What's going on?

JC