Search squid archive

Are downloads realy faster by using squid?

Hello everybody,

the second download of a file ist not faster than the first download of the same file.

My Squid 3.4 is running on localhost. My browser is configured to use localhost http-proxy port 3128 and ftp-proxy port 3128.

Why are downloads not faster even squid is running between client and server?

I was wondering if you could let me know.

Regards,

Dirk Lehmann