Search squid archive

Re: Transparent HTTP Proxy behind multiple routers

On 2013-12-02 12:33, Till Dörges wrote:

After looking at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute my understanding is that I have to make sure the HTTP traffic that shall be proxied
transparently has to be routed without any changes (src ip, dst ip,
...) to Squid.

However, I only control the first router (R1) between the client (C)
and S (Squid):

 C --> R1 --> R2 --> ... --> S
                 \-> Internet

So, whatever the routing decision on R1 may be, R2 is likely to ignore it.

Is there any way to get the 3.1 behavior back? (Short of downgrading
to squid 3.1?)
Or is there any other way for HTTP traffic from C to be proxied transparently by
Squid? Right now I can only think of setting up a tunnel (I do have
control over S)
but hopefully there's an easier way.

No sorry. The best way in these circumstances is a tunnel from R1 to S.

Amos