Search squid archive

Re: bug 3517 (SMP-aware stateful HTTP authentication)

On 27/11/2013 9:57 p.m., FredB wrote:

>> Hello
>>
>> I use the authentication method digest, I have try the method basic
>> and it works. But this method is not secure because the password is
>> in clear.
>> If anyone knows a way to make it work with the method "digest", I am
>> interested in your answer.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mickael
>>

> Hello
>
> No, for the moment there is no solution

Well.... we do know what the problem is for SMP and what solution needs
to be implemented. It is just that nobody has implemented it yet.

That solution being: converting the username cache and Auth::* state
data objects to using shared memory.

Patches or offers of sponsorship to make that happen are very welcome.
This is a fairly big job though so YHBW.

Amos