Search squid archive

Re: Replay Auth

On 23/11/2013 10:33 p.m., FredB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Do you think I should do a patch for 3.3 ? It should be useful ?
> I'm thinking about a new option like
>
> auth_param basic credentialslogout 2 hours

3.3 is already a stable release, meaning brand new options/features are
no longer accepted. The only exception ther eis if some major security
hole is fixed by adding one or backports of existing squid-2 features.
Neither of which seems to applicable here.

FWIW "logout" is not a concept relevant to Squid. Which is perfroming
the simple test of wether the credentials presented on a request are
valid at that particular point of time.

THe use of a credentials cache complicates this somewhat, but logout is
equivalent to TTL in a cache. When the TTL expires the backend gets
re-checked for validity at which time it may decode to start rejecting
them. Which is what some people call "logged out".

I have made some efforts in the 3.4+ series now that key=value
parameters to work towards the helpers providing a more dynamic ttl=N
parameter and have the cache entry use that instead of the fixed config
value. If you want to pick that up and carry it forward it would be great.

Amos