Search squid archive

Re: Set field in HTTP header in Squid 3.1

On 18/09/2013 3:48 p.m., Sachin Gupta wrote:
Hi,

We are using Squid 3.1 and need to do the following:
1. We have a list of URLs which we want to allow.
2. Squid to read this list of URLs and for each matching entry in the
list, set a particular field (insert a string) in the HTTP header.
3. Using this header string, a URL filtering program will allow the
URLs to be accessed.

I explored the squid functionality and came across following:
a. header_replace : Not sure how i can use this for my case. Examples
and references are welcome.
b. request_header_replace: Not available in 3.1. Not possible to
upgrade to latest squid release.

Can you indicate why that is not possible please?
If you are in a position to re-build your Squid from sources with patches applied, surely you are in a position to build the pre-patched source code of a later version.

request_header_replace *is* available in squid-3.1.

Amos