Search squid archive

Re: Whitespaces in username

On 09/03/2013 05:52 AM, Job wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am using Squid 3.1.8 with NTLM authentication.
>
> I have Windows username with whitespace, as example "Mark Brown".
>
> The only way to make this user authenticated is putting the username "Mark Brown" into a file:
>
> acl Mark proxy_auth "/tmp/mark.txt"
>
> and inside /tmp/mark.txt i wrote: Mark Brown
>
> Is there a way to specify the username with whitespaces directly in squid.conf?

Yes, but not with Squid 3.1.8. See configuration_includes_quoted_values
in squid.conf.documented of Squid v3.4 or trunk (r12993 or later).

Support for configuration values with spaces is a work-in-progress and
v3.4 does not have all the fixes you may need, but it is worth trying.
If you use v3.4.0.1, set configuration_includes_quoted_values to on only
for the directive(s) that need it because several squid.conf directives
in that version cannot handle the new syntax yet.

HTH,

Alex.