Search squid archive

Re: Optimized Configuration?

On 26/06/2013 8:41 p.m., guzzzi wrote:
Hallo,

im restarting to set up a Squid Proxy with Dansguardian + NTLM. At the
moment i just got my shipped Configuration within the Squid Proxy Server.
Looking for someone who can Help me to create a Optimized Configuration.
Optimized in Speed.

For optimal speed get rid of NTLM. It forces a lot of extra bandwidth consumption, TCP TIME_WAIT socket delays, has a low limit on concurrent authentication lookups, and the modern Windows software does not support it by default (it was officially deprecated in 2006). Try Negotiate/Kerberos instead.

I know how to build in the Microsoft Update Services (i hope so :) ) and the
NTLM thing. But there are Tons of Options to Speed up the Proxy for the
Users.

Maybe there are some "Must have" Options in the Configuration?

The more minimal you can make the config the better. Everything extra you configure Squid to do slows it down a little. Of course you always have local policies etc that need to be followed. We can help best by suggesting slightly more optimal ways to do the things you have already configured - if you are willing to share the config file.

Amos