Search squid archive

Re: cache_dir sapce has 600GB free space then also I get message "WARNING cache_mem is larger than total disk cache space!"

On 21/03/2013 11:18 p.m., John Joseph wrote:
Thanks Nichols
It worked , I stoped the service and then did

squid -z

now in my squid.conf I have

" cache_dir aufs /opt/var/spool/squid 570000 32 256"

I have one doubt, The file type you have advices is 'aufs' while in the sample configuration it is given 'ufs' , should I keeot

'aufs' or 'ufs'

UFS = Unix File System
AUFS = UFS with Asynchronous I/O (or I/O thread) support

Naturally the highly parallel disk I/O access method is faster than the basic filesystem I/O method. In between them performance-wise is diskd cache type (disk daemon) which still uses the standard I/O methods to a UFS format cache, but does them in a dedicated daemon separated from the main Squid network processing load. For strange (probably bug related) reasons diskd works better than AUFS on BSD systems.

Amos