Search squid archive

Re: blocking ads/sites not working anymore?

On 10/03/2013 10:45 PM, Andreas Westvik wrote:

So what kind of format do I have now then?
Do you have any examples?

You've got "dstdom_regex" in the line that includes the list file, so it's processing it through regex for every entry, and none of them need to. Change the entries in the file to simply the following format and remove the "_regex" from the acl:
.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net

Note - Having not actually checked that, I could be very wrong. Test carefully ;)

TB

-Andreas
On Mar 10, 2013, at 07:46 , Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2013-03-10 01:54, Andreas Westvik wrote:
Hi everyone

Over the time I have collected a lot of sites to block.
<snip>

#Block
acl ads dstdom_regex -i "/etc/squid3/adservers"
http_access deny ads

cat /etc/squid3/adservers | less

(^|\.)yieldmanager\.edgesuite\.net$
(^|\.)yieldmanager\.net$
(^|\.)yoc\.mobi$
(^|\.)yoggrt\.com$
(^|\.)yourtracking\.net$
(^|\.)z\.times\.lv$
(^|\.)z5x\.net$
(^|\.)zangocash\.com$
(^|\.)zanox-affiliate\.de$
(^|\.)zanox\.com$
(^|\.)zantracker\.com$
(^|\.)zde-affinity\.edgecaching\.net$
(^|\.)zedo\.com$
(^|\.)zencudo\.co\.uk$
(^|\.)zenzuu\.com$
(^|\.)zeus\.developershed\.com$
(^|\.)zeusclicks\.com$
(^|\.)zintext\.com$
(^|\.)zmedia\.com$

Besides the fix Amm already gave, you will find Squid runs a bit faster if you convert that listing to dstdomain format and use a dstdomain ACL to check it.

Amos