Search squid archive

Re: Transparent Mode and WCCP

Hey,

I have found this:
http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD30096

which pretty much covers what needed to be done.

WCCP suppose to be a layer 2 interception which TPROXY is the closest thing for that.

TPROXY use the same src IP of the client for outgoing traffic based on a client connection.

You can try to configure the fortigate device and maybe try to open a ticket for the FORTI guys in case you dont get it right.

WCCP works with most catalyst devices I have tried.
There are other ways to intercept traffic and it's only up to the level of your skills and knowledge.

It seems like the fortigate is the right place to integrate squid interception to me.

I noticed that you didn't configured all squid needed directives to support auto WCCP service registration.

Try to do it manually on the fortigate and see the results.

Best regards,
Eliezer