Search squid archive

Re: Fw:Re: [squid-users] squid 3.2.0.18 transparent nat interception

W dniu 03-Sep-12 11:44, Amos Jeffries pisze:

[...]

So you want to create what the security industry calls an "open proxy"? That is what NAT on external devices does. Anybody anywhere in the world can NAT packets into your proxy and Squid will log that they are coming from inside your Squid-3.1 box, you have zero control and zero protection.
[...]

Exacly.
But, when someone redirect traffic to my squid box will have to transparent auth - my company deployed cookie-based transparent authentication to squid. We are providing security web proxy with virus protection, url filtering and parental-control.
It's based on ICAP (and little ecap) with squid upfront.

Regards;
Pawel Mojski