Search squid archive

Re: squid_session problem

On 13/07/2012 10:27 a.m., Jack Black wrote:
Eureka!

It appears that despite ipv6 being disabled on the Ubuntu Server OS
itself, it was still interfering with the helper somehow. All I had to
do was change the line in squid.conf that starts with
"external_acl_type" to read:

external_acl_type session ipv4 ...

Ahh. How *exactly* was IPv6 disabled in Ubuntu?
 Squid is supposed to auto-detect missing IPv6 socket support.

Thank you for identifying this. I've added some improvements around that log line to show what Squid is doing.

Amos