Search squid archive

Re: squid_session problem

On 12.07.2012 12:37, Jack Black wrote:
I just tried the same squid configuration on Ubuntu Mini remix 11.04
x64, and Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 x64 live (I didn't even bother
installing it). They both work perfectly, just like CentOS. Whatever
the problem is, it appears to be specific to Ubuntu 12.04 Server
edition for some reason, which just happens to be the exact OS my
production server (the one that needs to run squid) is running.
There's got to be something that I'm missing...

Since you have the helper from squid-3.2 built stick with that one. It has a few important bug fixes and the -d flag operating.

If you add -d to the helper command-line parameters in squid.conf it should record in cache.log what is going on with each session lookup.

I'm kind of suspicious that the helper is having problems in the background that are not showing up.

Also double-check that the squid.conf are completely identical between the machines. Security in squid is default-closed so the expected behaviour with a failing helper should be causing TCP_DENIED constantly to the client on Ubuntu, not access to the Internet.

Amos