Search squid archive

Re: Re: cache peer communication about HIT/MISS between squid and and non-squid peer

On 07.05.2012 19:48, x-man wrote:
Amos Jeffries-2 wrote

Waking up;
   fully internally to Squid we have the X-Cache: header at present
being emitted with HIT/MISS details. You may be able to setup a
rep_header_regex ACL the scans for HIT and your upstream cache name.
Used on tcp_outgoing_tos to set TOS value. This is not a completely
reliable header though, there will be some false matches or failures
using it at present and future plans are to remove it from most traffic.

Amos

Hi Amos, I think you should be talking about the clientside_tos because this
is what I need (marking the packets from squid to users).

I had to patch my squid and recompile it because I was using 3.1.19 ubuntu version, which had the bug - not working clientside_tos (thanks to mailing list I found info about it) - so I did it and clientside_tos feature is now
working as a whole.

Now, I'm trying to setup a rep_header ACL but I got some errors like:

2012/05/07 13:13:20.795| ACL::checklistMatches WARNING: 'hit' ACL is used
but there is no HTTP reply -- not matching.

So my packets are not marked...

here is part of the config:

acl hit rep_header X-Cache HIT
clientside_tos 0x30 hit

What does this error means?

It means the access control (clientside_tos) is being tested before a response is available. It is tested when the request headers are received and parsed, but before the request body is transferred.

Anyway I can solve this issue?

Someone needs to figure out how/where to re-test the ACLs and set the TOS after response headers are received and before response body is transferred to the client. This may be multiple places.

Amos