Search squid archive

Re: RES: better configuration for this server

On 8/05/2012 00:56, Mário Sérgio Candian wrote:
Hi Peter.

Thanks for the answer.

I'd like to run FreeBSD in this server. I don't tried any config. I'll buy
this server but I need to know if this server supports the amount of users
that I have.

Yes, this will be a cache for my ISP. The server has gigabit network card. I
have a link of 400Mbps.

This server can handle this amount of users? 15000 users? About the
configuration squid, what do u recommend?

Regards,
MSC

Hi,

I would buy more cache drives (assuming you going to be using the SSD for this - change the 300gig drives to 146gig's to save some money, heck, you can even change it to a mirror set of 72gig, it's only the OS). I won't mess with the default settings since Squid is pretty tuned as it is. I have ran 6000 connections thru boxes smaller than that, way smaller. The only time I would change those settings is when you need to force more caching out of it.

I would also research the disk to memory caching formula on the Squid wiki (work out how much memory X gig on disk cache needs). More that this I can't offer without more input from you, otherwise I might as well deploy the box.

Cheers,

Pieter