Search squid archive

Re: session helper issue

On 27.02.2012 10:13, Vyacheslav Maliev wrote:
2012/2/26 Andrew Beverley:
On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 15:49 +0400, Vyacheslav Maliev wrote:
2012/2/24 Amos Jeffries:
> On 24/02/2012 11:26 a.m., Andrew Beverley wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 02:06 +0400, Vyacheslav Maliev wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>  I configured my splash like described here:
>>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash. I have >>> chosen second example (Active Mode) and adopted it to my squid 3.0 >>> version (there is squid_session helper instead ext_session_acl). So >>> when i go to matched URL session is not starting. Only after i go to
>>> matched URL and do squid -k reconfigure everything goes well.
>>>
>>> Is there any method to renew squid automatically?
>>
>> You are possibly experiencing a bug with the session helper that means >> it does not synchronise correctly between squid workers. The patch
>> discussed in the following thread fixes that.

[ Top posting fixed ]

I have tried to build squid 3.2 with patch already in separate dir and
copied ext_session_acl in my squid 3.1 installation for using it
instead squid_session. Results were the same as with old
configuration. Nothing changed.

Please post all the configuration directives for the session helper that
you are currently using.

Andy

Here is my config for session helper:

# Set up the session helper in active mode. Mind the wrap - this is one line:
external_acl_type session concurrency=3D100 ttl=3D3 %SRC
/usr/lib/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 10800 =A0-b
/usr/lib/squid/session.db

You appear to have binary codes "=A0" (carriage return, end-of-line) in your config file.
Like the documentation said "Mind the wrap - this is one line".

I hope those "=3D" codes are a product of your emailer rather than what is actually in you config file.
the config is supposed to have "concurrency=100" and "ttl=3".

# Pass the LOGIN command to the session helper with this ACL
acl session_login external session LOGIN

# Set up the normal session helper. Mind the wrap - this is one line:
external_acl_type session_active_def concurrency=3D100 ttl=3D3 %SRC
/usr/lib/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 10800 =A0-b
/usr/lib/squid/sessions/

Same again with the line wrapping.

# Normal session ACL as per simple example
acl session_is_active external session_active_def

# ACL to match URL
acl clicked_login_url url_regex -i http://www.squid-cache.org/

Preferrably test with the actual URL or pattern you are wanting the final production Squid to work with. If you are intending to setup a paywall in front of squid-cache.org, be aware that is a violation of the sites Creative Commons copyright.

# First check for the login URL. If present, login session
http_access allow clicked_login_url session_login

# If we get here, URL not present, so renew session or deny request.
http_access deny !session_is_active

# Deny page to display
deny_info http://192.168.6.1/splash.html session_is_active

Amos