Search squid archive

Re: squid redirect question

On 29/07/11 01:50, Bruce Bauman wrote:
I am running a web browser, squid, and squidguard all on a single
machine. I am *NOT* running a local webserver. I want to do web
filtering based on some blacklists configured into squidguard.

My current configuration has squid configured as follows:

redirect_program /usr/local/bin/squidGuard \
-c /usr/local/etc/squid/squidGuard.conf

and squidguard configured to redirect as follows:

acl {
         default {
                 pass !porn all
                 redirect file://block.html
         }
  }

This fails because squid tries to interpret the URL passed back by
squidguard.

You are not redirecting. There is no 3xx status code passed back to Squid.

What you are doing is re-writing. Telling _Squid_ to fetch the altered URL. Which it can't for file://

Send back:  302:file://block.html

What I really want is to just pass back the failure to the originating
browser and deal with the blocked access there.
How can I get squid to
just pass back to the browser. Since it's our custom browser we can deal
with generating the error there.

Or you could use the Squid ACLs for their designed use in http_access and supply custom errors via the deny_info directive.

Reducing by >30% the software complexity.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10