Search squid archive

Re: Squid caching

On 24/07/11 18:54, Prasanth Madhavan wrote:
Hello sir,

I just needed an annswer to a simple question.

How to configure squid in such a way that it will cache all the initial
requests to a website and use that cache forever? Like saving the
website in local box and use that rather than the internet so that i can
always have a static reply from a server(in this case squid) and not a
dynamic.

You must convince webmasters around the world never to change their websites. Very hard.

Unless you have disabled caching Squid will attempt to cache for as long as possible (not forever though). Later versions do better than older versions.

Saving a copy on a local box and loading websites from there will not even work for very long. Dynamic sites now have code that runs in your browser doing live requests in the background. These will usually break as the site changes or things they were supposed to do fail to happen on your static copy.

So, why do you want to attempt this? and what version of squid?

Perhapse we can help you find alternatives that will work for your needs.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10