Search squid archive

Re: Re: Should I see a massive slowdown when chaining squid => privoxy

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:47:34 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
Amos Jeffries writes:

[...]

This may help...

Thanks for the continuing good information.

About that citation above:  The author of the hacks on that page has
suggested that readers might edit a `user.js' file.

Probably something of a dumb question but, is that something I am
supposed to create myself, like:

   `%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default\user.js

Or should that file already exist?

I don't see a file with that name on a windows or linux install of
recent firefox.

I'm not sure what the author was smoking when he mentioned that. The settings are all available for viewing and editing by entering about:config in the browser address bar.

Amos