Search squid archive

Re: CAN TCP_OUTGOING_ADDRESS BIND TO ETH1? How to make D-S-L work on a machine with static routings?

On 27/05/11 00:19, Jenny Lee wrote:

Hello Amos,

Is it possible to bind squid to an interface?

Squid uses the bind() API to the kernel. So no.

Thanks.

I think this sounded absurd :) Other option probably tcp_outgoing_tos/mark?

Have you tried to get it working without Squid needing a particular
sending IP? When Squid leaves the IP selection up the the OS its should
be given the primary box IP as of the time of the connection setup. Most
software use bind()/connect() just like Squid, so will also be having
problems on your box if Squids default wont work.

There is default routing on the server and everything else including squid works fine.

I need to send some problematic users with high downloads to braodband line via the alternate 'ip route' table created.

As a kludge workaround you can add an OS trigger on ppp-up/down to
reconfigure Squid.

I do it like this now but I face some occasional issues. I wanted to know if it could be done within squid.

Netfilter MARKing with the mark pass-thru in Squid is probably the best way. Provided you can detect the users easily in iptables. Squid can assist a little by using all its layer-7 access to detect and maybe mark some heavy stuff not caught at the front line.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1