Search squid archive

Using Keep-Alive and squid

We operate a relatively high trafficked Image focused site that is served
from two load balanced servers. Currently we keep keep-alive turned off on
the apache servers. Resources on servers are limited. Would it be beneficial
now to turn on keep-alive since now we have squid cache reverse proxy turned
on. What are the benefits of using squid with keep-alive?

Andy