Search squid archive

Re: Purging cache objects

On Mon, 16 May 2011 10:14:51 -0300, N3O wrote:
Amos

One thing I'm not 100% clear on. If we hold down the shift key and the
refresh, does that also clear the object from cache, or does it just
tell the squid server to by-pass the cache for this request?
Thanks!

It tells Squid and any other proxies along the line to ignore their cached version and fetch a clean one. The side effect is that they notice any changes in the reply and replace their existing copy with the new updated object.

Amos