Search squid archive

Re: Can squid test whether a redirect target is up?

On 2011-03-22 17:25, Amos Jeffries wrote:
Thepreferred alternative is cache_peer link(s) to the origin server(s) or app(s). Squid 'tests" these during each connection setup and can failover between several of them or 'DIRECT' Internet DNS details as needed.

Usage is detailed under reverse-proxy where they are commonly used:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/BasicAccelerator

Thanks, this has helped a lot, and I'm much closer now. However, now I'm running into other limitations of my Squid knowledge. Following the example of that link, my cache_peer statements are working correctly for the site I'm interested in, i.e. URLs of the form <mysite.com>/somepage.html are cached. However, URLs to any other site, i.e <someothersite.com>/index.html are also all getting caught and are failing, because Squid is converting them to "<mysite.com>/index.html". In other words, I haven't yet found out how to catch only requests for a single domain.

Here's the head of my config file:

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=<mysite.com>
cache_peer <mysite.com> parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel proxy-only
acl proxy_sites dstdomain <mysite.com>
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow proxy_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel allow proxy_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

I have tried other configuration as well, including additional cache_peer statements, but nothing I've tried has worked. The requests don't fail over to the other cache_peer statements.

What am I missing?

Dave