Search squid archive

Re: opening a port for a spesific destination

On 01/03/11 23:05, a bv wrote:
thanks ,

i already do some configuration on it but sometimes i get my mind
mixed so i wanna go on my question again.

First : Do i have to define my port as Safe port?

The default Safe_ports ACL already has ports 1025-65535 which includes 8888. If you have removed that then you will need to add the port back in.

Second : İf i do the first one do all the clients will access anywhere
with that port?

Yes. Normally all clients can access websites regardless of whether they are served by Java, SOAP or AJAX services with alternative ports.

Third. If so how must my acl would be?

acl myweirdport port 8888
http_access allow myweirdport  x.y.z.t
x.y.z.t is the destination ip which  i like the clients access with that port?

You need a ACL to define each test. One for the IP, one for the port.

To limit the port access to only that IP...
 Adding the port to Safe_ports will make it generally not rejected,
Then you must add a *deny* access rule and use ! (meaning "not") before the IP ACL to reject other IPs going there.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5