Search squid archive

Re: opening a port for a spesific destination

On 01/03/11 22:34, a bv wrote:
Hi,

i want to open an unusual port to a spesific destination ip for
internal users access
Can you provide me the configuration steps?

Regards

The default Squid configuration already allows most unusual website ports to be accessed including any port above 1024.

What you ask is also a trivially obvious configuration. I think it would be best if you learned how to operate your Squid rather than being handed the answer immediately.

Documentation on how to write access controls for Squid can be found here: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl.
section one covers the ACLs test types available and how to define them.
section two covers how to use those tests on access lines to do things.

Or even simpler explanations in the new Squid-3 beginners guide available for sale at https://www.packtpub.com/squid-proxy-server-31-beginners-guide/book

Amos
--
Please be using