Search squid archive

Re: TIMEOUT_ROUNDROBIN_PARENT and poor SIBLING_HIT performance

On 25/02/11 08:35, M. Leong Lists wrote:
The LB does periodic health checks of the backend and marks out any
backend not responding in time. Would you recommend using squid to
connect directly to the backend and use the monitorurl parameter
instead? The origin servers are on the same subnet as the squid cluster.

If the LB does that itself you can drop the multiple entries in squid.conf pointing at it.

Since they can both do things, have a play and see which is faster squid LB with round-robin and/or the monitor or the device LB with equivalents.

I turned of connection persistence so squid and clients re-connect
faster if a backend died. From past experience, if persistence was
enabled, it would take a lot longer for the connections to break and go
to another server. Is there a config where I can set how long to
timeout? (read_timeout parameter?)

pconn_timeout is what you are looking for to make them short.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5