Search squid archive

Squid appliance?

Thanks amos.

was very helpful

well if you do ask me i think i know the reasons cause i have seen the traffic logs at my work place (some ISP) and some rules sets that people published on the net.

also i wanted to ask about the squid-appliance plan development.

im not really a developer but it seems like a basic installation script can be done very easily to configure or\and install proxy with
on and off triggers or basic selection.

also i have seen that Turnkey-linux has a nice "patch" for their core appliance to install cache and filtering using squid3,
changed easily to other squid versions.

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/forum/general/20100920/tklpatch-web-filter-proxy

a nice thing they have is the TLK config menu based on perl i think that can be configured to match squid installation\config tool.

their core is 110-150 MB installation footprint gets updates and other stuff so it seems nice as a candidate.

the only thing i have seen is that my debian as a cache server is using less cpu and less ram.

I was thinking of taking the time and to try to work on a basic installation and if i will see that i am managing to make it more than just installation.

Regards Eliezer