Search squid archive

Re: Squid - Read Error

On 20/02/11 18:05, Mohamed Adhil wrote:
Dear ,

I am getting following error on my squid box

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/

The following error was encountered:

* Read Error

The system returned:

(104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry
your request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I am not sure where to begin to look!  I've cleared the cache and reviewed the
config file.  I am at a loss.  Nothing changed and it's been working for years!

And one more thing, we can access other web sites. And some of the web sites I
am getting this message after some time its working

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Squid is attempting to read a reply from some remote server. But the server disconnects unexpectedly. This can happen for any number of small TCP interactions. Usually short lived and not repeating. First thing to do is check that your squid.conf negative_ttl setting is at "0 seconds". If it is higher then it will expand a short temporary error into a full DoS for the length of time it is set to.

Being a TCP problem the easiest way to trace this is via the raw packets. If you can find a site and request which always has the problem the packet trace of one such request will show what is happening.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5