Search squid archive

Problems accessing sites with very short DNS lifespan

I have seen a couple of sites where access via squid is very slow. The issue seems to be that the time-to-live entry on their DNS record is 10 seconds in one case, and 30 seconds in another, which I think means that squid is rechecking DNS frequently enough to slow things down. I worked around one of these by putting entires in /etc/hosts but this isn't very scalable. Are there any alternatives to this, perhaps some way of setting a minimum timeout for DNS records on squid, so it can cope with these strangely configured sites?

	Michael Young