Search squid archive

Re: Re: max number of file descriptors ?

On 07/12/10 21:05, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
On 2010-12-06, Amos Jeffries<squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

If you have max_filedesc available you don't need to touch --with-maxfd.
The build option just sets the default for the squid.conf option.

Hmm.. I tried pretty hard to increase it beyond 16K without succeeding,
before I noticed the comment in the default squid.conf saying:

#	The maximum value for max_filedesc is set by --with-maxfd during
#	compilation.

and the RHEL RPM was build with --with-maxfd=16K. Once I rebuilt it I was
able to go to 32K and 64K. So are you completely sure --with-maxfd shouldn't
be necessary ?

I *was* completely sure. After this I took another look and find two spots which make me think epoll might be a little broken still. Using the --with value instead of the config variable.
 Thanks for finding this.

Amos
--
Please be using