Search squid archive

Re: Question RE handling of FTP errors

There are bigger problems in 3.0. In short FTP in 3.0 and older require
the username AND password to be publicly visible in the URL.
Please try with 3.1 or 3.2.
I noticed that with wget I could only retrieve files when putting username/pwd in the URL. But even then I got an empty return page when requesting a non-existing file.

NP: Sadly there is one regression in the 3.1.8/3.1.9 packages which made
it not challenge right, snapshot bundle is needed there for correctly
working HTTP auth to an FTP server.

I understand the only squid handling HTTP auth for FTP correctly is the current snapshot one? (The proxy system in question is a customer production system - don't want to install snapshots there) If this is the case, I'll try some sort of workaround (such as avoiding the proxy altogether...)
Or are you saying with 3.2 it works again?

Thanks and best regards,
Jakob Curdes