Search squid archive

Re: icp peering multicast option

On 04/11/10 02:27, My LinuxHAList wrote:
Hi,

I may run multiple instances of squid inside a box.
Those instances may be serving out of the same eth0 or some bonded interface.

I have a question on the icp multicast option. oooo

Is squid icp multicast called with "loopback" option on, so that when
one instance of my squid is sending out the multicast, the rest of the
instances within the same box will receive it ?

Thanks

No loopback option is turned off.

To set it you will need to patch src/multicast.cc in the function mcastJoinGroups() and set "char c = 1".

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2