Search squid archive

Re: Kerberos / SASL for squid_ldap_group

Nick Cairncross wrote:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:32:51 +0200, Maxim Burgerhout <maxim@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Of course I just bumped into that little gem *after* I sent the

It has the downside of not being included in, or supported by
downstream distro's though. The major upside of having Kerberos
support in Squid's ldap_group helper would be the fact that downstream
distro's (the Red Hats, Canonicals and Novells of this world) would be
more likely to support it. But I just checked out the squidkerbldap
project, and it seems to work ok. The fact it handles the Kerberos
cache in memory is especially nice.
... yet. Markus submitted it for bundling and its just passed our upstream
QA. It hit Squid-3.2 beta bundles under the name
ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl as of a few days ago. Along with a lot of Kerberos support in other auth-related areas of Squid and associated tools.

Amos

Amos,

Re: 3.2

Does this means an NTLM and Kerberos authentication helper wrapped in one..? So no need for two helpers..?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.2/manuals/ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl

That pretty much all I know about it beyond how it used the Squid plugin helper API.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1