Search squid archive

Re: Problem compiling Squid as a TPROXY with WCCP

Leonardo wrote:
Amos wrote:

Yes. It's worth a try if possible.

Just to be sure before doing a whole machine reinstall: under the
Squeeze release, the Squid binaries available directly through apt-get
are already compiled with support for TPROXY via WCCP and Reverse
Proxy mode?  Would you recommend the reinstall it for a production
server?

* WCCP and reverse proxy mode are completely separate from TPROXY and irrelevant to whether it works or not.

* A far as I can tell the Squeeze squid3 package (3.1.6) is built with TPROXY support enabled along with the libcap v2.2 libraries determined to be required via testing in other environments.

* I have no direct knowledge of the working state of the package. However when 3.1.3 became available in Squeeze TPROXY support requests here dropped. From which I assume they work okay.

NP: having just done a full Lenny->Squeeze upgrade via aptitude myself, watch out for udev changes. There is a bit of a bump which they seem not to have resolved yet. For me at least it involved large chunks of X11 and needing removal in order to update the kernel then those X11 chunks having to be re-installed via a safe-mode reboot.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1