Search squid archive

Re: Access control problem

mrmmm wrote:
I am having difficulty setting up access rules for some reason :/

in squid.config, among other stuff I have:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl authorize proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl denybadsites url_regex -i "/usr/local/etc/squid/lists/badsites"
acl denyLoadup url_regex -i http://.*loadup.ru

To meet your stated aim below and not catch a multitude of other sites in the denial, replace this with:
 acl denyLoadup dstdomain .loadup.ru

http_access deny all denyLoadup
http_access deny all denybadsites
http_access allow authorize
http_access deny all

In the badsites file I have:
somesite.com
123.34.56.78
234.56.78.90

For those types of entry replace "url_regex -i" with dstdomain.

A wildcard prefix (*.example.com) can be one by starting the entry with a dot (ie .example.com)

However, I am still able to browse to somesite.com and www.somesite.com no
problem.
At the same time I am UNABLE to browse to www.loadup.ru and loadup.ru

I have tried different syntax in the file, but with the same result. What is
the exact syntaxt that needs to be there?

Same syntax as whatever ACL type is testing it. Each line of the file contains one item to be matched. If any single one from the set matches the ACL is true.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1