Search squid archive

Re: Skype block

Last year I used the following method: skype is a program which does not send a "User-Agent:" header to the HTTP proxy (squid).
This is not considered a good practice in RFC2616:

So I added to squid.conf the following two lines:

acl validUserAgent browser \S+
http_access deny !validUserAgent

(this second line must be place/order in the right place on your http_access list of squid.conf)

And skype stopped to work (1 year ago... now, really, I'm not sure if it still working).

Giovanni