Search squid archive

Skype block

I'm reading about method to block users for using Skype, can you confirm unique way is to deny access directly to all IP address when method 'connect' (SSL) is used ? In this way people cannot access directly to specific site using IP instead FQDN !
Can I restrict Skype access in another way to avoid this behaviour ?