Search squid archive

Re: Kerberos

Hi Matthew,

I think you are a bit confused. AD offers a Kerberos and ldap service. OpenDirecttory or eDirectory is just ldap and has nothing to do with Kerberos (as far as I know). You can use AD, MIT Kerberos, Heimdal Kerberos or any other Implementation (e.g. Solaris based) for authentication with squid.

Regards
Markus

"Matthew Smith" <mps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AB612D11-33B4-442C-8779-3EA2EF75AABA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Amos,

Thanks for the reply, you have left me very confused, though. We are talking about MIT's kerberos, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerberos_(protocol)

My understanding is that kerberos is a protocol for authentication, and other directory services (like Mac OS X's OpenDirectory) support it as well as AD.

Thanks for the link to the wiki, I had a quick look through, and I'll see if I can get it going with AD as a test. Does anyone know if any other directory services that implement Kerberos are supported? I'd like to see if I can get it to work with OpenDirectory or maybe Novell eDirectory.

Thanks for the help!

Matt Smith