Search squid archive

Re: Caching streamed flash-videos, and saving them?

Baard Ove Kopperud wrote:
Sorry for bugging the list with this.  I looked briefly in the documentation
at the site, but before I look some more, I'd like to know if it's at all
possible...

I want to save a streamed flash-video.  Sadly the programs I usually use,
doesn't work for this particular site; so I'd like to "kidnap" the stream while
I'm watching it.  Is that something that could be accomplished with
Squid?

Maybe yes, maybe no. Is the video data actually being requested and transmitted over port 80 as an HTTP reply?

 If so, how?

ICAP / eCAP body data handlers.

 And how can I save the cache-content (that
particular file) as an ordinary file?

see above.
The handlers would be some third-party software only related to Squid by the interface they share. Normally the saving of files is up to your user agent (browser or other retrieval tool).

On non-Windows OS flash videos are stored in the /tmp directory while playing and can simply be copied from there.

Amos
--
Please be using