Search squid archive

Re: Authentication Browser Dialog

Christian Weiligmann wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 09.02.2010, 17:10 +1300 schrieb Amos Jeffries:
Christian Weiligmann wrote:
Hello,

i use the squidproxy over 10 years, an i am very happy to have this
programm for internet access, the user may look different about
this.....
But, I have a demand concerning the authentication dialogs

I want to authenticate the internet access for my users by mysql
backend, but not with a browser dialog, else with a webpage.
Similar to the question "Re:  Proxy subscription on-line"
where is the error page, i can modify?
Thanks a lot for viewing and please give me a answer...

So ... what error page? in response to what action? in which squid version? under what circumstances? with what information?

Amos

Hello,

I'am using the Squid 2.6.18-1ubuntu3 with non-transparent on Ubuntu LTS
8.04.04. .
I want to use for my authentication process a website and i don't want
to use the authenticate dialog in the browser. Is this possible?
My "Similar to the quest...." is written because i have understood as
the same question from me.... sorry.

Thank you for answer!

Using external_acl_type (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/) and deny_info (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/deny_info/) you can redirect those clients that are not authenticated to the page that performs the authentication. Your external_acl_type can return a username which will be used in the logs.

Perhaps my response to a similar query at http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201001/0331.html will give you a good starting point.

Chris