Search squid archive

Re: Squid performance issues

Felipe W Damasio wrote:
  Hi Mr. Robertson,

2010/1/26 Chris Robertson <crobertson@xxxxxxx>:
 I don't use -k rotate.

Err...  Really?  Last I heard, calling "squid -k rotate" (aside from the
obvious logfile rotation) prunes the swap.state file.   Not doing so would
lead to your swap.state growing without bounds.

  Should I?

  Is swap.state file being big a big deal?

That depends on how well your file system handles large files.

  This is file is:

-rw-r-----   1 nobody nobody 991584 Jan 26 19:05 swap.state

   This is less than 1MB. Is it too big?

Not at all.

   And if it is, when I disabled the cache with "cache_dir null /tmp",
shouldn't the time-respone improved?

Ah.  I missed that bit.  Sorry for the noise.

 Like I said in the previous
email, it didn't help at all. Still time when from 0.04 to 40s.

   Thanks,

Felipe Damasio

Chris